Saturday 7 April 2012

Hello...

If you are reading this blogpost then either I have contacted you through twitter or you have stumbled on it by accident.

If you have stumbled on it by accident then: Hello. And goodbye.

If you have come here because I linked to you then this means that I don't have an email for you or the one I do have has received no reply.

I am a UK based writer, musician, and podcaster and I make this podcast: http://www.gettingbetteracquainted.co.uk

It's a show where I have hour long conversations with people I know about their lives, opinions and their areas of interest and knowledge. An acquaintance is anyone from my closest friends and family to someone who I met once at a party. The show is part interview show, part oral history project, part intimate portraits of people who aren't famous, part autobiography through conversation and all an engaging and entertaining experience!

I'm recording an occasional strand in the series where I get better acquainted with podcasters and independent internet creators that I listen to or watch. They don't know me but I feel like I sort of know them. So far I've done one with Karl James of the UK based Dialogue Project and with the team from the Canadian podcast I Like You, Helen and Ollie from Answer Me This! Phil Leirness from Chillpak Hollywood Hour, Janet Varney from the Nerdist's JV Club and Kevin Allison from Risk!

I'm hoping to do more and would love to do one with you.

If you live in London or the UK then perhaps we can arrange to meet up. Otherwise we could arrange to talk over Skype and record the audio from both ends as I did with I Like You and when I recorded a story for Risk!

If you are interested in getting better acquainted with me then email GBApodcast[at]gmail[dot]com and we can chat about it.

Thanks for reading this!


Dave Pickering

No comments:

Post a Comment